A part of me: Madrid







Hello again

As I said before, at the beginning of the course I want to dedicate some of my posts to remember some of the things that I have done during this summer. One of them was the trip to Madrid. Normally I use this city as a transit site when I have to make a transfer at the airport or when I want to visit my family. all that makes that I am not going to  Madrid as a traveler who wants to know new places and interesting people. 


Another curious fact is that I was born in Madrid, I grew up there and this is the city that I used to define as "mine" when I was from little. It was there where I made my friendships and where I also started my education in school. I came to live in Poland with my parents when I was 11 years old and from that moment Madrid is no longer my home, now it is only a city where some of my relatives live. You might think that Madrid does not have anything new for me, that I should know it and know many things about the city and its history but it is not like that ... You must take into account that I was a little girl when I lived there and to be honest  I did not care much about the culture or the  history of Madrid. This is why, this year, I have finally decided to visit Madrid as I have always wanted... To know better the city that I am supposed to know or that some think I already know.   




As always in this type of trips I have spent a lot of time doing several city tours. Madrid is a very touristy place and there is always a tour that starts from the heart of the city, that is Plaza de La Puerta del Sol.


Throughout the days I was getting to know more and more things and more details about the city which made me feel very happy and very satisfied with everything I was seeing. After visiting all the must-see sites I also went to see those typical Spanish streets full of bars and restaurants. In Madrid you can eat a fried calamari sandwich that tastes like nowhere else. 













If you are looking for a party, you will not be disappointed either. Madrid never sleeps.. And there are always people on the street. The days are long, with a lot of sun and a pleasant temperature (well in summer it is extremely hot).
To finish I want to tell you that I am very happy with this trip. It has been something special for me, it made me feel close to the city in which I lived and with which I have so many memories... Madrid will always be an important place for me and I am very happy to know that now I know it much more than before. I recommend visiting Madrid if you ever have that opportunity. You will not regret it!!


Love, 

 Natalia





Comments

Popular Posts