Being a Eurovision fan



Hello!

Today I want to share with you a very important story for me. As you can see it is about Eurovision Song Contest, a very important and very old music festival, because Eurovision started to be the biggest song contest in Europe long before I was born.

Let me start as usual, I mean from the beginning. Being a small girl, I already showed great interest in music and singing. Once in Madrid (where I lived as a child) I got lost in a supermarket because of my Sony Walkman and Ricky Martin's songs, which absorbed me so much that I completely forgot to follow my mother in the store.

My first “meeting” with Eurovision was when I was about 7, maybe 8 years old, when I  saw Eurovision Junior on the TV and I loved the philosophy of the contest. To this day I remember the lyrics of that song that at that time was representing Spain. Years later I discovered  Eurovision Song Contest (ESC) and started to follow that contest with much more attention than the children one. Every year I sat in front of the TV and watched every part of the contest, the two semi finals and of course the grand final. As you know, everything is changing as time goes by and Eurovision has also changed a lot in the last 15 years, starting with the voting system and ending with the style and form of the show that is preferable on the ESC stage. 

As a fan of Eurovision, although it seems somewhat exaggerated, I follow all the representatives, I listen to all the songs that are going to appear in the contest, therefore, the day of the final, I practically know all the songs and I am able to predict the top 10 songs with certainty.
Of course, the representative that I follow the most is the one that will represent Poland. I see interviews, I read articles and I observe how is their song  received by people from other countries. This year our representatives are Gromee and Lukas Meijer with the song "Light me up". For me it was the best choice of all the songs that had been presented as candidates to represent Poland in ESC.
"Light me up" is a song that makes me think about summer, vacations, parties and time spent with my friends. I think it should go smoothly to the grand final and how will it continue? That  depends a lot on the live performance, the lights, the special effects and the whole show they will create during their performance.
Last year, the contest was won by Salvador Sobral with the song "Amar Pelos Dois". Since Salvador represented Portugal,  according to the tradition of the contest, this year will be in Portugal where ESC will take place.

Well, you might be wondering what is special in this event to make such a big introduction and to tell you this long story that seems to have no end… J  The special part about all this story is that this year, in May, I am going to see my favorite contest live, in Portugal!
Yes! The same contest that when I was little I watched on TV and envied all those people who could see all the performances up close. You can only imagine how happy I am and how excited I am to see that special contest.

Before going to Portugal, I will go through Warszawa, which is where I will take my flight to Lisbon.
You can be sure that this is not the last Eurovision post on my blog... There will be much more so stay tuned and see you soon!

Love,
Natalia



Comments

Popular Posts