Bird Box






Hello again


Today, unlike most of my posts, we are not going to talk about travel. This time I would like to tell you something about a movie that was premiered on Netflix platform last month. This is the original Netflix movie, with Sandra Bullock, entitled "Bird Box". I must admit that I am a big fan of Netflix and of the series that they have (for example, one of my favorite Dark or Stranger Things). However, I have tried to see some movies that have been made by this platform and there seems to be something wrong ... Or simply because I have not selected the good ones. On some occasions (eg.  Gerald's game, Calibre, 1922 ) the Netflix movies have seemed a bit "poor", simple and very focused on one or two actors that are the ones that appear during 80% of the entire movie. In the end you end up tired of seeing the same faces all the time. However, I have the feeling that Netflix movies are getting more and more fashionable and that now they are finally hiring better actors, screenwriters and in general to making better films.

One of them could be "Bird Box", although it does not mean that it is perfect
I do not want to give too many details so that you can see it and take your own reflections, so I'll give you the description that they give about this film on the Netflix Official Site:

Bird Box

Five years after an ominous unseen presence drives most of society to suicide, a survivor and her two children make a desperate bid to reach safety.
Starring: Sandra Bullock, Trevante Rhodes, John Malkovich
Genres: Hollywood Movies, Dramas, Dramas based on Books, Thrillers, Psychological Thrillers, Sci-Fi Thrillers, Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Director: Susanne Bier


 The film has a rather original story, intriguing but by the way they tell it sometimes a bit boring and somewhat slow (here we have again the problem I see with the Netflix movies, some of them are really slow). Sandra Bullock is the protagonist and in my opinion she has done it well. She convinces me as a rebellious woman, a fighter, a protective mother who is ready to o anything to keep save her children (although she has a rather peculiar relation with her kids). Another very important aspect for me, is the end. I always wait until the end to say if a movie is good or bad because it has already happened more than once that the end was so bad that finally made me not like the whole film. This is not the case. The movie ends in a way that I did not expect, it could be a definitive ending and in my opinion not very positive, or it could be a beginning of a continuation of this movie. Who knows.
To sum up, the Bird Box movie is one of the first Netflix productions that really has not displeased me. What's more, I'm intrigued to see more Netflix movies. If you like the suspense and you are a fan of Sandra Bullock than this is an obligatory movie for you.


Do you know any other Netflix movies? I wait for your recommendations.

Love,

 Natalia

Comments

Popular Posts