Let's have "tumaca breakfast", ¡Olé!








Hello everyone,
It's less than a week before Christmas starts. Don’t you think it's exciting? I love Christmas and this year is going to be really special because finally, after two years I will spend it with my family in Poland.
But before the Christmas boom, lots of food and gifts I managed to make a short trip to Tenerife.
Santa Cruz de Tenerife is still my home more than Poznan .. unfortunately because of the cold I am not exploiting that city very much, but I promise to do it! I have many things planned that I want to see and do in Poznan.
Returning to Santa Cruz. As you can imagine the weather here is very good, about 25 degrees during the day. At night it refreshes a lot and you normally need a sweater but in reality the temperature is very pleasant. I took advantage of this time to travel before Christmas and from here I go directly to Krakow and then to my home.

Actually I will talk about Christmas at my house on another note. Today I want to share with you my morning here and the little pleasure that I have given myself, which has been my breakfast. PAN TUMACA - for the first time I try it in Madrid and that's where you really have a lot of this for breakfast and not here in the Canary Islands. However I have found a cafeteria that offers a breakfast menu including toast with tumaca, juice and coffee for only 3.75 euros. Not bad, right?

But before continuing to talk about how much I like this breakfast, which is really very simple to prepare, let's see what is the bread tumaca.
Here I translate what the Spanish Wikipedia says about this food.
Pan Tumaca (bread with tomato) - is a traditional food of the Valencian cuisine, Aragonese, Catalan, Andalusian, Balearic and Murcian. It is considered one of the typical examples that define the Mediterranean diet, extended as a traditional recipe throughout Spain. It consists of a slice of bread with half a ripe tomato scrubbed and seasoned with olive oil and salt.
Isn’t it simple? Well yes, that's very easy, you only need tomato, oil, salt and crusty bread.  As you can see you can eat in various parts of Spain, so if you are traveling do not forget to try it. It is usually a very cheap breakfast and it is also typical so for us, students, it can not be better. I hope you will soon have the opportunity to try it and those who have already done so, do not hesitate to tell me about the experience and if you liked it.

As always I attach photos of my breakfast and an extra photo of the Spanish mall "El Corte Inglés" to which I had to go to buy the last gifts that I needed.

The cafeteria in which I had tumaca bread breakfast in Santa Cruz is called "Rincón del Pan". They have very interesting combinations and are very well priced.



See you soon,

Natalia



Comments

Popular Posts