Finally, Warsaw





Hello again,

Today I would like to go back in time and share with you my trip to Warsaw.
As you already know from my previous posts, the trip consisted in visiting Warsaw and after that I took a flight to Lisbon where took place the Eurovision Song Contest.
Let’s talk about Eurovision another day because today I would like to tell you a little more about Warsaw, the capital of my country.

To begin, I would like to emphasize that I’m not going to make a post like if it was taken from some tourist guide about what to do and what to see in Warsaw, I want to tell you how this trip has been for me and why it has impressed me so much.
I don’t know how interested in the history of your country you are but I must admit that the last time when I had researched about the history of my country was in high school when I was studing for my final history exam. It's a pity that I left it so out of my way during the years of my Spanish studies because it turns out that I really like studing history and I'm very interested in it.
As always, I searched about some excursion in Warsaw in Spanish and I  chose my favorite program: FREE WALKING TOUR, which works in several European capitals and consists of paying a tip at the end of each tour.



Thanks to these tours and the magnificent guides that work for them I have discovered several interesting parts of Warsaw but above all I have been able to walk the most important streets of the city while listening to its history. The tours have impressed me the most were the tour about Warsaw during the Second World War and the one about Prague. Everything was so impressive for me and every day when I was returning to the hostel instead of looking for a fun place to spend the night, I was  looking for a documentary on YouTube and  watching movies related to the topic of the Warsaw Uprising.

I do not know if I can describe well how I felt watching and listening to the history of this city... I thought a lot about the people who lost their lives during the Second World War or during the uprising... And also about the people who returned to their houses that were no longer there, because Warsaw was destroyed by more than 80% during the war.


To sum up, Warsaw has impressed me. I have seen several European capitals and usually when someone asked me how I had spent, I used to say "well, I had fun" but I don’t think I can say the same about Warsaw. This city is something more for me, and it is not for being the capital of my country but for the history that it has.

Nowadays Warsaw is a city full of life, with bars and modern areas, streets with big buildings .. However, despite seeing a completely renovated city I could not forget those images of the ancient Warsaw that we had seen during the tours. Anyway, I think I definitely have to return to Warsaw and need to enjoy a little more that modern and fun part of this city.




This visit will be always in my head as something special and very enriching. If you have not yet visited Warsaw and feel that you do not know its history at all, you have to go see it. You will love it.
As always I attach photos.

Love 
Natalia

Comments

Popular Posts