My 'always sunny sky' place




Hi :)

Today we are going to talk a little more about myself. You already know that I love the series „Friends” and that my first experience with Airbnb was not very good but today you will know a little more about me. 

The photos that you can see have been taken by me almost a year ago at this time of year, where most of Europe is covered by green and yellow leaves but it is not like that in Tenerife (Spain), the largest and most populated of the seven Canary Islands.

 My adventure with this island began in 2015 when by chance my university proposed me to do my Erasmus there. Without thinking very much I acceped the proposal and in a few months I was in Tenerife arranging all my papers at the University of La Laguna. As you can imagine I fell in love with that island (and the inhabitants... well to be honest, I fell in love with one of them… if you know what I mean). It is a really wonderful place but don’t think it is a paradise with 30 degrees during all the year. The average temperature is about 25 - 27 degrees, depending on the area. A not very large difference in height  many times meant the temperature change of about 10 degrees, and believe me, if you're wearing shorts that difference is very important. After my Erasmus I stayed to live in the capital of the island, Santa Cruz for a year and during that time I was able to enjoy all its parties, Christmas and the famous Canarian Carnival. All those memories are always very present in my mind but there is something that is more missing now and that I didn't appreciate so much when I was there.

What is that? The sunrises in Tenerife. And the most beautiful are during this time of year (autumn). Every morning I woke up around 7 AM and could see that beautiful sky full of different colors like pink, yellow, orange and red... the sea with some boats that entered or left the port that was very close to my apartment and my favorite coffee prepared at my table. I always liked to see the sunrise in the morning but it  is now when I really appreciate it. Living in Poznań, in the autumn, we can not always see the sun, the sky is usually covered with clouds and sometimes you can not see a ray of light during all day... So every time I get up and see the sun through the window of my room I try to change my plans to be able to do things outdoors and take advantage of the weather. I really like autumn in Poland, it has colors that I never found in Tenerife but that blue sky that was saying me ‘’good morning’’ every day was like an extra dose of energy. Now I will have to find it in other aspects, since winter begins soon. 

Tenerife is still my special place and has a very special person for me, I travel to Tenerife very often and I do not stop enjoying everything that this island offers. 

Attentive to the flights of some companies because you can find some very cheap direct flights.
I sincerely recommend you visit that Island. :)


Hugs
Natalia





Comments

Popular Posts